Samarthanam immensely values your contribution to bring a positive change
in life of a person with disabilities. We firmly believe in the philosophy of volunteering, which forms its operational core and making each volunteer act as a catalyst in altering the life of the disabled.
If you have passion to make a difference to the society, you can start by sharing your valuable time and skills with us.
We offer volunteering opportunities in the following broad areas of operations at Samarthanam.
Direct Interaction with Students
- Volunteer for reading to the visually challenged students
Volunteer for scribe service for the students
Conduct tuition classes for the
Conduct tuition classes online through Skype voice chat.
Conduct classes on communication (English), soft skills & personality development.
Conduct general mentoring and counseling for the students.
Teach music, dance, games and other activities to the students.
Educaitonal Support Services
Assist in recording various course materials for the visually impaired
Assist in scanning course materials
Assist in editing scanned voice recorded course materials
Conduct educational tours for the students
Organize discussions and speeches by eminent people on various topics for the students
Other Student Centric Opportunities
- Extend help in organizing regular health check ups for the children
- Assist in finding employment for the visually Impaired, physically handicapped & the economically weaker students
- Support in organizing extra-curricular activities such as sports, quiz, essay writing, extempore speaking and other competitions for students
- Promoting & propagating the activities of Samarthanam
- Document real-life stories of Samarthanam students
- Support signature campaigns, public awareness programmes, and community interaction
- Support our interactions with the Government and Corporate organisations for a positive change in policies for people with disabilities, visually impaired, and the disadvantaged
- Web Updation
- Content Writing
- Help us to find individuals who can sponsor student's education and accommodation.
- Help us in identifying Trusts & Foundations who could support us.
- Help us in tying up with established Brands (for e.g., a part of profit made by selling certain roduct/service can be donated).Help us explore the possibility of tying up with Multinational Banks - Credit / Debit Cards(e.g.: converting reward points into donations).
- Help us in setting up charity shop.
- Help us in procuring uniforms for our students.
- Help us in identifying rich & famous personalities who can avail 100% Tax exemption if they donate to us.
- Help us in identifying new donors